Saturday, 03 July 2010 12:35
Department of Seismology
- Seismotectonic investigation of Tehran region.
- An analysis of source parameters of earthquakes in Tehran region.
- Moment tensor solution of earthquakes in Southeast Zagros (Qeshm Island).
- Quantitative measurement of seismic quiescence as a precursor to large earthquakes in Iranian plateau.
- The effect of path on propagation of seismic waves in Tehran region.
- An investigation of Ardekul earthquake and its aftershocks.
- Compilation of the seismic information of Iran from 1900-1995.
- Design and implement a comprehensive information system to store and analyze all related information regarding seismic events.
- mb and Ms relations in Iran.
- Study of Seismic zones according to analysis of Micro-earthquakes.
- Calibration program for Iranian National Seismic Network (INSN).
- Statistical assessment of great aftershocks.
- Crustal velocity structure beneath Iranian National Seismological Network (INSN) using receiver function method.
- Aftershocks study of the 26 December 2003 Bam earthquake,Mw=6.6.
- Seismicity, seismotectonic and crustal velocity structure of the Tabriz strike-slip fault zone.
- Phase detection and spectral analysis.
- Discrimination between earthquake and explosions using ML:Mo.
- Discrimination between earthquake and explosions using time-frequency analysis at regional distances.
- Pattern recognition of earthquakes before Mainshocks.
- Evaluation and Calculation of seismic moments in seismic zones.
- Study of seismic source parameters in Central Alborz region and surrounding area.
- Evaluation of seismic strain in Bam area and preparing its seismic strain map.
- Evaluation of seismic delectability of Iranian earthquakes in international network by using broad band data.
- Calculation of seismic strain of large earthquakes in Eastern Iranian block.
- Deformation investigation of central Zagros based on GPS measurements in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of France.
- Seismicity and Seismotectonics study in the western Zagros (Brojen region) using microearthquakes recorded by a temporary local seismic network, in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of France.
- Seismic tomography and investigation of seismicity in North of Bandar Abbas in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University France.
- Seismicity, Seismotectonic and crustal study of the Zagros-Makran(Minab region) Transect zone using microearthquakes recorded by a temporary local seismic network in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of France.
- Seismic tomography and investigation of seismicity profile Yazd-Bandar Bousher in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of France.
- Seismicity ,Seismotectonic and crustal velocity structure of the central Zagros using microearthquakes recorded by a temporary local seismological network. in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of France.
- Seismicity,Seismotectonic and crustal velocity structure of Alborz (Roadbar region) using a temporary local seismological network data. in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University of Farnce .
- Zagros Lithospheric transect 2000-2001 the framework and position in co-operation with Joseph Fourier University France.
- To build and maintain an on-line database for all earthquakes recorded at IIEES.
- Application of artificial neural networks in seismic events recognition.
- Application of artificial neural networks in modeling of the earth layers.
- Electrical tomographic studies for hidden faults detection.
- Seismotectonics and velocity structure of the Lorestan province based on dense local seismic network data.
- Crustal thickness P and S wave propagation in upper mantle beneath Iranian crust.
- On the estimation of seismic source parameter using seismic wave modeling.
- Investigation of seismicity and seisotectonic of Naein region.
- Iranian crustal structure determination based on ambient noise recorded at INSN.
- Developments of friction laws in dynamic fracture of earthquakes.
- Seismotectonics and velocity structure of the Hormozgan province based on dense local seismic network data.
- Crustal and upper mantle study of Dehloran-Tehran profile using seismic tomography method.
- Seismicity and Seismotectonic of the Central Alborz using microearthquake recorded by a local seismological network.
- Continental lithosphere structure beneath the Iranian plateform based on receiver function analysis and dispersion of surface waves.
Department of Seismotectonic
- Paleoseismological investigations in Iran;phase I, the Kahrizak and North Tehran faults.
- Paleoseismological investigations along the Ipak fault.
- Historical sources of earthquakes in Alborz and Northern Iran.
- Major active faults of Iran.
- Geological effects of the December 26, 2003 Bam earthquake.
- Paleoseismological investigations along the Southeastern segment of the North Tabriz fault.
- Active tectonics along the Kashan fault.
- Paleoseismological investigations along the North Tabriz fault.
- Investigation of Tehran active faults (from Varamin to Robat-Karim) using water table snomalies.
- Structural analysis of the Hezardareh formation (A-Horizon), between Jajrud and Kordan.
- Morphotectonic investigations on Mosha fault in Mosha valley.
- Kinematics and geometry of Kazerun fault zone and its related active structures.
- The study of fault mechanism of Pishva fault and its related neotectonic activities.
- Kinematic of faulting in Tehran's piedmont (Tehran-Karaj).
- Neotectonic Stress direction in Southern Part of Central Alborz.
- Seismotectonic and geometry of deforming zones in central and Eastern Alborz with an outlook over areas with former seismicity.
- Calibration of seismic stations for warning system.
- Crustal and Upper mantle study of the central Alborz using Receiver Function.
- Structural geology of the Hezar-Darreh formation its relation with seismic hazard in the Tehran region.
- Estimation of seismic hazard in Tehran based on structural evidence and active tectonic.
- Seismic Hazard assessment of the Zagros collision Vs. Makran subduction transfer deformation zone (SE Iran) in Co-operation with Marseille and Joseph Fourier universities (France).
- Active deformation in Zagros - Makran transition zone inferred from GPS measurements in Co-operation with Mont Pellier University (France).
- Geometry of fault ruptures of the Avaj region earthquake
- An investigation of some active faults in Azerbaijan region.
- West-trending Oblique Sinistral-Reverse fault system in Northern Iran.
- Morphotectonics and recent tectonic movements in the Tehran-Karaj area.
- Neotectonic study of the transition zone between Zagros and Makran in Co-operation with Marseille and Joseph Fourier universities (France).
- Investigation of deformation measurement of shortening of local zone between Zagros and Makran (Minab zone).
- Active fault in the Zanjan province.
- Investigation of fault Mechanism in NE-Iran (Kopeh Dagh).
- Revised version of active faults of Iran (1:1000000).
- Morphotectonic and active tectonic investigations along the Doruneh fault.
- Study of Possible Earthquake Occurrences' Effects on Hydrocarbon Production Rate Using Marun Oil-Field Data.
- The study of b-value variation in two tectonic settings of Iran.
- Using GPS measurements for determining slip rates along the Central Alborz active faults.
Department of Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic hazard map of Iran (1:2,500,000 Scale).
- Determination of fault parameters using near field data.
- A strong ground motion simulation-Tehran city.
- A strong ground motion simulation and hazard analysis for the epicenter region of December 26, 2003 Bam earthquake.
- A Seismic hazard study in Tabas region.
- A spectral attenuation of ground motion for Iran based on empirical regression.
- Geomorphological study of Mosha fault and Damavand valley.
- A study of the strong ground motion, and the attenuation factors, in order to study of Iran crust, in comparison with neighboring region.
- A study on the seismic hazard analysis in the Tehran rectangle and an investigation on the microseisms and site effects and preparameters of 1:100,000 hazard maps.
- Development of synthetic seismogram program for strong motion.
- Study ground motion simulation using Green's function method.
- Site effect on strong ground motion in Manjil earthquake, the Abbar and Abhar sites comparison.
- Earth scceleration and landslides relationship with an outlook over seismotectonic sources of great landslides in Iran.
- Topography effect investigation on amplification of strong ground motions in earthquake.
- Investigation of attenuation coefficients in crust of Iran.
- Estimation of coda and body waves attenuation and theoretical attenuation relationship for east central Iran.
- Strong ground motion modeling based on SH-wave analysis and Green Function for Silaghor, Dahoeye- zarand and Firoozabad- Kojor.
- Realistic strong ground motion modeling.
- Q- Velocity model in Iran by using surface waves for simulation of SGM.
- Seismicity study and probabilistic prediction of seismic hazard in relation to volcanic Activity of Damavand.
- Study the natural period of soil dynamics and its comparison in near and far fields.
- Spectral acceleration maps for different return periods for Iran for scale 1: 2,500, 000
- Background noise study of broadband seismic network of Iran in 2009.
- Long-term forecasting models on earthquake catalogue of Iran.
- An investigation of earthquake intensity and an experimental analysis on the attenuation of intensities in the Dahuiyeh, Zarand 2005 Earthquake acroseismic region.
- Developing a system of shake maps using strong motion data in Alborz zone.
- Topography effect on the amplification of seismic waves in Tehran Plain.
- A study on strong ground motions on the Bam earthquake of 26 Dec. 2003.
- Seismic source zone identification based on the local network for the purpose of earthquake hazard analysis.
Last Updated on Friday, 12 April 2013 03:12