Present Occupation:Assistant Professor, Structural Research Center, International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology
Fax: +98 21 2280 3656
Tel: +98 21 2283 1118
Joined IIEES on May 2006
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering)
Dissertation: "Artificially Generated Nonlinear Structural System by Smart Seismic Isolation Using Variable Dampers", Department of Civil Engineering, Structural Dynamics Laboratory, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 2005
- M.Sc. (Civil Engineering , Hydraulic Structure)
Thesis: "Dynamic Modeling of Elevated Water Tanks including Water-Structure Interaction During Seismic Excitations", Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran, 1998
- B.Sc. (Civil Engineering)
Yazd University, Yazd, Iran, 1996
Research/Teaching & Memberships
Seismic Risk Management
- Passive And Semi-Active Control of Structures
- Earthquake Engineering Laboratory Techniques
- Loss Estimation
- Fragility Curves for Equipments and lifelines Systems
- Seismic Protection of Secondary Systems and Equipments in Buildings Using Passive and Semi-active Control Methods
Recent Accomplished Projects
Back to Top
- Iranian Construction Engineers Organization
- Japan Society of Civil Engineering
Back to Top
- Iemura, H., Igarashi, A., Pradono, M. H., Kalantari, A., "Experimental Verification and Numerical Studies of an Autonomous Semi-Active Seismic Control Strategy", Journal of "Structural Control and Health Monitoring", DOI 10.1002/STC.124, Volume 13, Issue 1, pp 303-323, Special Issue: Thomas K. Caughey Memorial Issue . Issue Edited by George W. Housner, James K. Knowles, Takuji Kobori, Sami F. Masri.
- Iemura, H., Igarashi, A., Pradono, M. H., Kalantari, A., "Negative Stiffness Friction Damping for Seismically Isolated Structures", Journal of "Structural Control and Health Monitoring", DOI 10.1002/STC.111, Volume 13, Issue 2-3 Special Issue: Structural Control Benchmark Problem: Phase I - Linear Smart Base Isolated Building Subjected to Near Fault Earthquakes. Issue Edited by Satish Nagarajaiah. p775~791, March - June 2006.
- Junji Kiyono and Afshin Kalantari, "Collapse Mechanism of Adobe and Masonry Structures During the 2003 Iran Bam Earthquake", Bulletin of Earthquake Research Institute, Tokyo University, Vol. 79, (2004), pp. 157-161.
- Iemura, H., Igarashi, A., Kalantari, A., "Enhancing Dynamic Performance Of Liquid Storage Tanks By Semi-Active Controlled Dampers", 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, August 1-6, 2004.
- Iemura, H., Igarashi, A., Kalantari, A., "Experimental Verification of an Autonomous Semi-Active Control Strategy Using a Variable Oil Damper", Proceedings of The International conference on Experimental vibration analysis for civil engineering structures, pp 125-132, EVACES 2005, October 2005, Bordeaux, France.
- Iemura, H., Igarashi, A., Kalantari, A., "Application of Autonomous Semi-Active Control To the Liquid Storage Tanks", IABSE Symposium Lisbon, Portugal September 14-16, 2005.
- Hirokazu Iemura-Presenter, Akira Igarashi, Mulyo Harris Pradono, Afshin Kalantari, "Passive and Semi-active Pseudo Negative Stiffness Control of Highway Bridge Benchmark Problem", ASCE - 2006 Structures Congress - St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Hirokazu Iemura, Akira Igarashi, Mulyo Harris Pradono, and Afshin Kalantari, "Effectiveness of pseudo negative stiffness dampers to various types of benchmark structures", 4th WCSCM, July 11th , San Die go, USA
- Iemura Hirokazu, Igarashi Akira, Kalantari Afshin, "A Substructure Hybrid Experiment of a Semi-Actively Controlled Base Isolated Building", The first European conference on earthquake engineering and seismology, 3-5 September, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Kalantari Afshin, "Seismic Protection of Secondary Systems and Equipments in Buildings Using Passive and Semi-active Control Methods", Submitted to the Journal of Vibration Control (JVC).
Back to Top