( 2 Articles )
In 1994, the International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES) started the post-graduate studies program with the purpose of developing science and technology skills related to earthquakes and admitting students leading to MSc and PhD degrees.
With the approval of the Council for the Development of Higher Education in (1994), IIEES initialized MSc and PhD courses in:
- Earthquake Engineering (MSc): Since 1994;
- Civil Engineering - Earthquake Engineering (PhD): Since 1996;
- Geophysics - Seismology (PhD): Since 2001;
- MSc in Geophysics- Seismology since 2007.
Public Education Group
( 3 Articles )
Public education department began its activities with the aim of expanding public safety culture and earthquake risk reduction in society. In line with these goals, it has aimed at facilitating related sciences, by taking advantage of various educational methods, to expand the latest scientific findings at the community level. The public education department carries out its activities in two areas of training and research and mostly emphasizes its abilities on teaching children, adolescents and young adults. Some of the programs of this department are:
- Offering the educational research projects to research centers.
- Holding national day of earthquake safety in Iran.
- Administering earthquake and safety drills in schools, pre school and government organizations all over the country.
- Holding local, national and international competitions and fairs (painting, designing, posters, model-making, etc...).
- Production of educational materials such as films, brochures and educational posters.