- Ph.D. in Earthquake Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 1998
Thesis Title: “Seismic Torsional Response of Asymmetrical Multi-Storey Frame Buildings”.
- M.Sc. in Structural Engineering, Tehran University, Tehran,1990
Thesis Title: “Seismic Responses of Underground Tanks”.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering , Tehran University, Tehran, 1986
Research fields of interest
- Earthquake engineering
- improvement of building codes
- high rise building design and analysis
- development of software for analysis and design of structures
- seismic modeling and analysis of buildings and complex structures
- different approaches to seismic retrofitting of structures
- effects of 3-D modeling of building in design and analysis.
- Courses related to earthquake engineering and structural dynamics
- courses on design of buildings and other structures
- courses on different methods of structural analysis such as matrix methods
- design and analysis of tall buildings
- seismic retrofitting
- strength of materials
- engineering mathematics.
- Development of short courses on special areas of seismic design and analysis for practicing engineers.
- Assistant Professor at the International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, IIEES., 1998-Now
- Teaching and research assistant at McMaster University, 1994-1995
- Research engineer at Dastvareh Research Center, Tehran, Iran, 1990-1992
- Instructor at Imam Hossein University, Technical and Engineering College (TEC), Tehran, Iran, 1987-1990
- Structure engineer at Tehran Javan Consulting Engineers and Managers, Tehran, Iran, 1986-1988
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (2000), “Extension of Eurocode 8 Torsional Provisions to Multi-Storey Buildings”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering (JEE), Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 25-41.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (2000), “Pushover Analysis for Asymmetric and Set-back Multi-Storey Buildings”, 12th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Roshan, R. and Moghadam, A.S., (1999), “Application Nonlinear Static Analysis in Seismic Vulnerability Evaluation of Buildings”, Proc. 1st Conference of Iranian Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 379-386. (In Farsi)
- Moghadam, A.S., (1999), “Importance of Torsional Stiffness”, Pajoheshnameh, IIEES, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 4-15. (In Farsi)
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (1999), “Comparison of Pushover Methods for Asymmetric Buildings”, Proc. Third International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (SEE-3), Tehran, Iran, Vol. II, pp. 677-684.
- Alemi, F. and Moghadam, A.S., (1999), “Effects of bracing type on design force of braced frames”, Proc. Third International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (SEE-3), Tehran, Iran, Vol. III, pp. 251-258. (In Farsi)
- Tso, W.K., and Moghadam, A.S. (1998). “Pushover procedure for seismic analysis of buildings.” J. Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials, Construction Research Communications Limited, 1(3), 337-344.
- Moghadam, A.S. (1998). “Seismic torsional response of asymmetrical multi-storey frame buildings.” PhD Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K. (1998) “Pushover Analysis for Asymmetrical Multistorey Buildings”, Proc. of the 6th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Seattle, Washington.
- Tso, W.K. and A.S. Moghadam. (1997) “Seismic Response of Asymmetrical Buildings Using Push-Over Analysis.” Proc. Workshop on Seismic Design Methodologies for the Next Generation of Codes, Bled, Slovenia, Rotterdam: Balkema.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K. (1997) “Limitation of Static Torsional Provisions”, Proc. Structures Congress 97, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Portland, USA, 2: 1148-1152.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K. (1996), “Seismic Response of Regular Asymmetrical RC Ductile Frame Buildings”, Proc. European Workshop on the Seismic Behaviour of Asymmetric and Set-Back Structures (editors R. Ramasco and A. Rutenberg), Capri-Naples, Italy, pp. 37-57.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (1996), “Damage Assessment of Eccentric Multistorey Buildings Using 3-D Pushover Analysis”, Eleventh World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (11WCEE), Acapulco, Mexico: Elsevier, Paper No. 997.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (1996) “Design Of Uniform Torsionally Unbalanced Multistory Buildings”, Conference on Civil Engineering by Iranian Students in Canada (CCEISC), Montreal, Canada.
- Moghadam, A.S., (1995), “Some Considerations in Modelling a Reinforced Concrete Frame for Non-Linear Analysis”, 15th Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics (CANCAM 95), Victoria, Canada.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (1995), “3-D Pushover Analysis for Eccentric Buildings”, Proc. Seventh Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering (7CCEE), Montreal, Canada, pp. 285-292.
- Moghadam, A.S. and Tso, W.K., (1995), “Inelastic Static Response of Eccentric Building”, Proc. Second International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (SEE-2), Tehran, Iran, 1: 713-722.
- Moghadam, A.S.,(1990), Seismic Responses of Underground Tanks, M.S. thesis, Tehran University, Iran.