This department was formed with the aim of performing multi-facet researches in studying and understanding the elements ruling the environment in the emergency conditions, and compiling the necessary criteria for promoting the emergency reactions.
Major activities of this department are summarized as:
- Identifying and analyzing the components of emergency conditions in different parts of the country;
- Developing emergency response plans according to the international experiences for different societal levels;
- Developing urban and rural mitigation plans and guidelines for minimizing economic and human losses;
- Proposing and providing emergency response plans and policies;
- Studies for determining different levels of disaster and understanding its elements;
- Finding solutions for improving physical and mental health in different levels of emergency conditions.