| Faradjollah ASKARI
Present Occupation: Assistant Prof. and Director of Geotechnical Engineering Research Center
Fax: +98 21 2280 3656
Joined IIEES on Apr. 1991
|Selected Publications||Professional Experience||Research/Teaching & Memberships||Education|
- Ph.D. (Geotechnical Engineering)
Dissertation:”A Limit Analysis Method for Three Dimensional Seismic Stability Analysis of Nonhomogeneous Slopes”- Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tehran University, Iran, 1999.
- M.Sc. (Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering)
Thesis: An experimental investigation on dispersive clays – Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tehran University, Iran, 1993.
- B.Sc. (Civil Engineering)
Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tehran University, Iran, 1989.
- Limit states in Soil Mechanics and its application in seismic problems
- Reliability analysis in Geotechnical Engineering
- Slope development from geotechnical point of view and three dimensional slope stability analysis
- Liquefaction potential evaluation methods
- Liquefaction potential evaluation by shear wave velocity measurement
- Seismic passive earth pressure by characteristics method
Recent Accomplished Projects
- Seismic bearing capacity of shallow foundations by Limit Analysis
- Effects of pore water pressure in three dimensional slope stability analysis
- Soil Dynamics in Master Level
- Advanced soil Dynamics in Ph.D. Level
- Limit State methods in soil mechanics in Ph.D. Level
- Alumni Association of Faculty of Engineering, University of Tehran
- Developing the Seismic Rehabilitation Guidelines for foundations, IIEES
- Cooperation in various projects on Evaluation of Geotechnical hazards potential evaluations, IIEES
- Head of the landslide Department, International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), 1999 – 2005
- Head of Analytical Soil Mechanics Department, International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), 2005-.
- Director of Research affairs (IIEES), 2005-.
- Askari, F., Azadi, A., Davoodi, M., Ghayamghamian, M.R., Haghshenas, E., Hamzehloo, H., Jafari, M.K., Kamalian, M., Keshavarz, M., Ravanfar, O., Shafiee, A. and Sourabi-Bidar, A. (2004) “Preliminary seismic microzonation of Bam”, JSEE special issue on Bam Earthquake, 69-80.
- Askari, F. and Farzaneh, O. (2003) “Stability of Locally loaded Slopes”, 4th International Conference of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, Tehran, Iran.
- Askari, F. and Farzaneh, O. (2003) “Upper-Bound Solution for Seismic Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations near Slopes”, Geotechnique 53, No. 8, 697-702
- Farzaneh, O. and Askari, F. (2003) “Three-Dimensional Analysis of Nonhomogeneous Slopes”, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. , No.2, 137-145