| Mahmood HOSSEINI
Present Occupation:Associate Professor at Structural Engineering Research Center
Fax: +98 21 2228 9455
Joined IIEES on Nov. 1991
|Selected Publications||Professional Experience||Research/Teaching & Memberships||Education|
- Ph.D. (Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering)
Dissertation: Stochastic Response of Nonlinear MDOF Systems Subjected to Earthquake Non-stationary Excitations: Civil Engineering Department, Doctorate Group, Science and Research Branch of the Islamic Azad University (IAU), Tehran, 1991*.
- M.Sc. (Structural Engineering) – continuously after B.Sc. Studies
Thesis: Dynamic Analysis of Multi-Span Beams Having Internal Discontinuity Under Impulsive Loads: Civil Engineering Department, School of Engineering, Tehran University, 1987.
- B.Sc. (Civil Engineering)
Civil Engineering Department, School of Engineering, Tehran University, 1985.
- Lifeline earthquake engineering, including the seismic design as well as seismic evaluation and retrofit of various lifeline systems subjected to different earthquake hazards like ground shaking, landslide, fault displacement, liquefaction, and tsunamis.
- Urban planning and architectural and urban design in earthquake prone areas
- Structural dynamics, especially seismic response analysis of nonlinear systems by both deterministic and stochastic approaches.
- Seismic Vulnerability Evaluation of a Selected Part of the Existing Oil Pipelines for Proposing its Retrofit Design
- A Study on the Use of Orthogonal Rollers as Seismic Isolators
- Proposing a Seismic Risk Management Model for Intercity Road Systems Based on Reliability Criteria
- Architectural Features of Buildings in Seismic Regions
Recent Accomplished Projects
- Behavior of Nonstructural Elements of Buildings in Bam Earthquake of December 2003, by M. Hosseini and M. J. Jabbarzadeh, IIEES, 2005
- Developing Site Selection Criteria for Temporary Shelters in Seismic Metropolises with Special Attention to Tehran, 2005
- Analytical Study of a Selected Part of Urban Wastewater Network Subjected to Seismic Waves, by M. Hosseini and H. Ajideh, IIEES, 2002
- Dynamics of Structures in Master Level and Advanced Dynamics of Structures in Ph.D. Level at IIEES
- Lifeline Earthquake Engineering, Urban Facilities in Disasters, and Vulnerability Evaluation of Existing Buildings in Master Level, Faculties of Engineering and Environmental Engineering, Tehran University
- Earthquake Considerations in Architectural and Urban Design, Cornell University, USA
- Iranian Society of Earthquake Engineering (ISEE), 1995-, (Secretariat of Membership Committee since 1999).
- Center for Nuclear Power Plant Structures, Equipment and Piping, North Carolina State University, 1994-1998.
- International Center for Disaster Mitigation Engineering (INCEDE), 1995-.
- Iranian Society of Structural Engineers (ISSE), 1995-.
- Iranian Society of Civil Engineers (ISCE), 1994-, (Head of Structure and Earthquake Committee since 1997).
- Developing the Seismic Design Guidelines for Gas Transmission and Distribution Systems, IIEES, 2000-2001
- Cooperation in various projects on Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings at IIEES
- Technical Inspection of Structural Drawings, The Technical Office of the Iranian Fisheries Corporation
- Design of Steel and Reinforced Concrete Buildings and other Civil Structures, Andiss Consulting Engineers, 1985-1988
- Project Manager, Sub-regional Initiative for Disaster Risk Management in Southwest and Central Asia, A Regional Program at UNDP, Iran Office, July 2004 – February 2005.
- Director of Structural Engineering Research Center, 2002-2005
- Director of Graduate Program, IIEES, July 1996-October 1998.
- Head of the Lifeline Earthquake Engineering Department, International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), 1991-.
- Hosseini, M. and Izadkhah, Y. O., Earthquake Disaster Risk Management Planning in Schools, International journal of Disaster Prevention and Management, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp 649-661, August 2006.
- Hosseini, M., Behavior of Nonstructural Elements in the 2003 Bam, Iran Earthquake, Earthquake Spectra, Volume 21, No. S1, pages S439-S453, December 2005.
- Izadkhah, Y. O. and Hosseini, M., Towards Resilient Communities in Developing Countries through Education of Children for Disaster Preparedness, the International Journal of Disaster Management, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2005.
- Mahmoodabadi M., Gharory-Ashtiany, M. and Hosseini, M., Identification of Modal Parameters of Classically Damped Linear Structures under Multi-Component Earthquake Loading, the International Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (JSEE), Vol. 7, No. 1, spring 2005.
- Havaii, M. H. and Hosseini, M., Bam Earthquake from Emergency Response to Reconstruction, the International Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (JSEE), Special Issue on Bam Earthquake, Winter and Spring 2004.
- Hosseini, M., On the Nonstructural Elements and Their Behavior in the Bam Earthquake of 26 December, 2003, the International Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (JSEE), Special Issue on Bam Earthquake, winter and spring 2004.
- Mansour-Khaki A., Hosseini, M., and Shariat, A., Evaluating the Performance of Urban Transportation Networks in the Aftermath of an Earthquake in Large Populated Cities, to appear in the International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 4, 2003.
- Hosseini, M. and Mohajer, M., Effects of Foundation Geometry on the Natural Periods of Tank-Liquid-Foundation Systems, the International Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (JSEE), fall and winter 2000.
- Hosseini, M. and Imagh-e-Naiini, M., A Quick Method for Estimating the Lateral Stiffness of Building Systems, The International Journal of Structural Design of Tall Buildings, Vol. 8, pp 247-260, September 1999.
- Guidelines for the Seismic Design of Oil and Gas Pipeline (Book in Persian), IIEES publications, 1997.