Processing of accelerogram data, preparation of the strong motion database, identification of the accelerograms characteristics; computation of the relations between seismicity and attenuation, analysis of the earthquake hazard, preparation of the seismic hazard zonation maps of Iran and design spectrum, and modeling of the ground motion to estimate the source parameters.
- Development of reliable Ground Motion Prediction Equations for Iran and neighborhood countries.
- Development of methods for seismic hazard analysis;
- Seismic and Multi-Hazard studies for National and International Projects.
- Updating national maps of seismic hazard;
- Time-dependent seismic hazard analysis and forecasting seismic hazard;
- Numerical simulation of earthquake nucleation and propagation.
- Zoning of the earthquake hazard in Iran;
- Calculation of shake maps.
- Studying the attenuation parameters;
- Estimation and prediction of the ground motion in different parts of Iran;
- Solving the finite fault inverse problem;
- Studying the stress changes;
- Simulation of the near-field effects of fault;
- Early warning systems.
Engineering services of the Seismological Research Center
- Design, installation and operation of temporary local seismic and accelerometer stations and networks;
- Seismotectonic investigations and preparation of active fault maps for construction of important structures;
- Seismic Hazard assessment studies for infrastructures and lifelines;
- Determination of the active fault zone inside the large cities;
- Paleoseismological studies on fault escarpments;
- Geophysical engineering studies at site with important industrial and economic installations;
- Induced seismicity studies of dam reservoirs, large mines, or hydrocarbon fields;
- Passive seismic studies for exploration of the hydrocarbon targets.