Investigation of the active faults as seismic sources, determination its geometry and mechanism, preparation of seismotectonic maps.
- Recognition of new active faults, and compiling and preparation of detailed maps of active faults;
- Studying the crustal deformation using GPS measurements;
- Studying the Paleoseismology along active fault escarpments;
- Studying the tectonic stress in different regions of Iran;
- Accurate identification and segmentation of active faults for use in earthquake hazard assessment in engineering sites and buildings.