Vice Presidency of Research and Technology, directly supervised by the President, is the important arm of IIEES in fulfilling its goals and missions. Some of its main activities are outlined as:
- Carrying out the policies and strategic designs of research and technology.
- Supervising the proper implementation of projects in research and technology.
- Conducting IIEES technology council as the first supervisor in the implementation of technological projects.
- Contributing to the post graduate council as the first policy maker in strategic planning of IIEES post graduate studies and approving the enforcement programs of post graduate courses.
- Planning and supervising the earthquake engineering and seismology in holding specialized short term courses for experts outside the institute.
This vice presidency is composed of:
- Research affairs management
- Processing and computer services group
- IIEES technology group
- Equipment and laboratory group